Digital Marketing for dentists & orthodontists
Creating Your Dental Office Marketing Plan
Before you start drafting dental ads or considering other internal marketing dental office needs, you should consider your marketing plan. Business owners often know how important creating the perfect marketing plan can be to ensuring you are successful long-term as a business. However, as a dentist, it can be difficult to understand the marketing strategies that go into creating a successful marketing plan.
However, using a dental marketing service can help you create the perfect dental practice marketing plan. Before you work with someone, you’ll still want to know what you want from your marketing plan. Having this information ready will help your team create a strategic advertising campaign tailored to your business’s specific needs.
Here are some things you should consider about what you want from your dental advertising campaigns:
Your Business Image
The image you portray in dental ads and across your dental website will determine how potential clients perceive you. Ultimately, your image equates to your brand. When customers see your business logo, they see a reflection of your company and, more importantly, as a dentist, they see a reflection of who you are as a person. You’ll want to create a business image that is a reflection of you and the services you provide your clients.
So, consider the image you want to provide individuals who might invest in your services. Here are some of the questions you might ask yourself:
- How much do you want to charge? Do you want to be associated with high-end dental work or affordable dental work?
- Do you want to be known for how quickly and effectively you provide services? Or do you want to attract the kind of patients who don’t mind waiting a bit?
- Are you family-friendly, or are you focusing on adult clients only? What about the elderly? Individuals with special needs?
- Do you want to stand out as a dentist or are you looking to blend into the background a bit more?
- What type of dental services do you provide? Full service? Braces? Dentures?
Another important factor in dentist web marketing is the message you send. You’ve probably heard that your works matter when it comes to what you post online. One of the most important parts of your dental marketing net is how you communicate with potential patients. It’s especially necessary to consider the message your company puts out there, as dental work is often a sensitive subject for many individuals.
Consider how individuals react to needing dental work. There are dozens of different ways to approach it as part of your dentist internet marketing strategy. For instance, routine dentist appointments are just hat – part of their regular routine for some individuals. However, many individuals are unable to see a dentist for quite some time due to financial issues. How will your office address this?
Ultimately, how you communicate your business practices to your potential patients will be vital to your marketing strategy. Communicating with potential patients can make or break their investment decisions. Make sure you proofread, and tone check each posting on your dental ad campaign and website to communicate the right message to your patients.
Your Dental Marketing SEO Strategy
Lastly, you’ll want to consider your overall SEO strategy when it comes to marketing. If you’re not a business owner, you may not be aware of what SEO is or how it works – and that’s okay. That’s why we are your go-to dental marketing guy, and we can help to determine your SEO best practices. However, knowing what you want from your SEO is important.
SEO, otherwise known as search engine optimization, is vital when it comes to marketing. It helps you rank closer to the top of Google searches. There are several ways to do this. Typically, you want to start by targeting keywords. These are phrases that individuals often google when looking for goods or services. For instance, they may search for “dental office near me” or “dentist near me” to find available services.
Websites containing these phrases are more likely to rank towards the top of Google searches. Once you understand what your business marketing model is – essentially, what type of client you’re looking to attract – you can work with a team of marketing experts to determine what kind of SEO phrases you’d like to utilize. These phrases help your business gain more attention – think of it as free marketing. When someone searches for services, they’re more likely to find your business – and that’s what’s important.
Why Hiring A Dental Marketing Service Helps
Reading this, you may stop to think that with this information, marketing your business can be easy. However, this only skims the surface of a well-thought-out, effective marketing plan. The foundational marketing aspects we discussed above often fall on the business owner. Once you know what you want from your marketing plan, implementing it effectively – and determining how effective it is – can be difficult.
Essentially, you do the bare-bones aspect of marketing. Business owners determine the type of public image they want from their marketing strategies. Then, in conjunction with a dental marketing consultant, they create an effective and efficient marketing strategy to attract clients. Below, we go into detail on some of the aspects a consultant can help your business manage.
Here are some of the ways you can use this type of service:
- Developing a dentist Facebook ad.
- Content creation for your dentist online marketing campaigns.
- Orthodontic marketing ideas.
- Tone checking and evaluation on content released online.
- Determining the effectiveness of an ad campaign, including individual responses to the advertisement and overall advertisement reach.
The Services We Offer and Why They Matter
Below, we describe some of the marketing services we offer and how it can help impact your dental business. Keep in mind, while some of these may seem like they are unnecessary, many of them have high-value impacts on our business. For instance, website development and maintenance may not seem important initially. However, over time, your website begins to become dated and is less effective at attracting new clients. Our marketing team understands how to maintain and refresh dental advertisements and web content. This way, your website stays up-to-date and continues consistently bringing in new patients.
Therefore, the types of services you utilize will make the difference in determining your company’s overall effectiveness. Read on to find out about the different services we offer and how they impact your business.
Website Development and Design
Web marketing for dentists is one of the most efficient marketing strategies that all dentists need to utilize. Naturally, there are several aspects of website development that individually impact your business and help attract potential clients. However, they all come together under one roof to create an effective website that, in essence, markets itself for you.
As a dentist, your website serves as your personal salesperson. Typically, your website is where potential new clients will go to find information about what services you offer, their financing options and how they can contact you. Ultimately, what they read on your website will determine if they decide to contact you for their dental needs. Therefore, having a well-designed website creates a platform that sells your services and brings in new clients.
Here are some of the components of a well-maintained website:
- Updated and informed contact information: this gives individuals an easy to way to get in contact with your office to ask questions and request additional information. Websites where contact information is difficult to find are up to 65% less likely to attract potential clients.
- Industry-specific SEO keywords to attract potential clients and help improve Google rankings. Individuals are more likely to click on the first three to five links that appear on Google. Therefore, having your business rank high in Google searches functions as free advertising for your business.
- Well-thought-out website layouts. Individuals looking for new services are more likely to stay on a website and read the available information when the website is easy to navigate. Sites should be mobile-friendly and intuitive so that potential new patients can locate the information they’re looking for logically.
- Content generation and tone analysis. While having valuable content on your website seems to be a given, many individuals fail to think about the tone they use when generating content. For instance, for medical and dental website content, it’s simple to sound bland or even condescending and confusing unintentionally. This error type is often an honest mistake that can drive potential new patients away from your practice. Having content tone analysis helps determine if your website content sounds too formal and if it’s easy for a general audience to understand.
- Regular updates and maintenance. One of the most important things businesses often forgo is regular website maintenance. Keeping your website updated with relative information, SEO best practices and even updating formats to stay current is highly beneficial to keeping our clients satisfied.
Trying to stay on top of all of these factors is difficult – we won’t lie to you about that. Keeping up with this work level can be maddening, especially when you’re trying to run your dental business by day. Thankfully, our team is ready and willing to help you overcome these obstacles by providing you with comprehensive website design services. Using these services, you’ll rank higher on Google and generate more leads through your website.
Additionally, we also offer web lead generation services. Have you ever opened and website and been told that you can receive a free consultation if you provide your email address? Tactics such as these are known as lead generators. They serve to get basic contact information for potential patients. By doing so, you can gather information to reach out to them directly through email, text message or phone call.
Ultimately, your website is the most straight-forward way to attract potential new clients. By focusing on applying some of the best SEO practices, as well, your website will market your business for you in ways ads never could.
Google My Business Listings and Reputation Management
Another important aspect of advertisement that you should focus on is your Google My Business listings and your online reputation. Think about it this way – have you ever looked up a restaurant or doctor’s office and looked at the reviews people left behind? When it comes to choosing a dentist, individuals want someone they can trust. After all, they’ll be investing quite a lot of money into your practice, and dental work can often be a long and painful medical process. If there is limited information about your business available or you have bad ratings, you’re less likely to be considered by potential patients.
Therefore, having readily available information on your My Business page allows customers to learn who you are at a glance. These pages often provide basic information, such as:
- Location, including address and pictures of your office. You may even choose to feature your Google Street view. This setup makes it easy for people to see what your practice looks like, determine its location and quickly pull up navigation from their smartphone or other devices.
- Contact information. This section typically includes an up-to-date phone number or email address where individuals can reach out regarding questions, concerns or feedback for your business.
- Reviews and questions. Here, individuals will provide feedback regarding your business practice. According to recent research, your business’s overall Google rating has a huge impact on whether someone will choose to contact your organization. 65% of individuals stated that they would not choose a business with a rating of 2.5 stars or less, in most cases. Therefore, maintaining your business rating is important. Additionally, people will occasionally ask questions about your business on your Google profile. Your answers are public, and anyone viewing your page will be able to see them. Answering them helps boost your overall Google reputation and ensures information is readily available.
- Hours of operation. It is one of the most valuable pieces of information you can have on your business profile for many individuals. Often, potential patients will Google your business to find out when you’re open. This insight allows them to determine when they can contact you and if your current availability will meet the needs of their potentially busy schedules.
- Website information. By providing a link to your website, individuals can easily find more information about your practice. It serves as a direct funnel, which is what makes lead generation so important. Potential patients will click on your website and then receive the opportunity for a free or discounted service by providing their email. You’ll then store this contact information to use to reach out to them later.
Business pages serve as their own type of advertisement. The more information you have readily available for customers, the more likely they are to consider requesting an appointment with you. Marketing research also suggested that businesses lacking information were less likely to receive click-throughs, which causes a direct loss for potential leads.
Additionally, as individuals leave reviews, replying to concerns becomes a significant part of reputation management. If your business goes through a phase where, say, you’re understaffed and customer service isn’t where it should be, you might see an influx of negative reviews from patients. These can be damaging to your company’s overall reputation. However, if you reply to negative reviews and attempt to reach out to dissatisfied customers, your company comes across as caring and empathetic. Plus, these individuals are more likely to change their review if you attempt to resolve these issues directly.
Maintaining and cultivating your business’s reputation through Google is difficult and takes time, which is why we are here to help. Dental internet marketing, though seemingly difficult, can be mastered. Online reputation is one of the key stepping stones to ensuring you’re successful as a business in the long run.
Another great way to market your business is through Google Ad services. Google ads typically appear along the sides, tops and bottoms of websites. Additionally, they’ll occasionally appear in mobile games or other apps for local users. Typically, they’ll show up when relevant – meaning that they appear when individuals have recently searched for your business or similar businesses.
Other forms of Google ads include links to the promoted website. If you’ve ever Googled something and had “Free consultation and same-day appointment” pop up as one of the top few links on your search page, that’s another form of Google ad services. Part of your dentist marketing 360 plan should include Google ads, as they’re an easy way to get noticed and receive information for potential leads.
Some professional marketing agencies consider Google ads to be “cheating” in a way – you pay for Google to advertise your business at the end of the day. However, these advertisements can bring in many new patients and, when correctly structured, provide additional lead generation. Ultimately, perfecting your Google advertisement strategy is no different from perfecting any other type of paid ad. Overall, it can be a very successful form of online marketing for dentists.
In the day and age of dental social media marketing, Facebook is easily one of the best ways to advertise your business. Typically, alongside your business’s individual web page and Google My Business account, your business should also have an maintain its own social media presence on websites such as Facebook.
Advertising on Facebook works in a variety of ways. For instance, simply having a Facebook page, and getting individuals to like and share your posts helps promote your business. On the business platform, customers can also rate and review your business. It’s another way that customers can find out information about your business, practice and ongoing specials.
Creating your presence on Facebook allows you to connect with potential patients and answer questions in real-time. Many individuals like this option for communication, as it is similar to text messaging. Additionally, once you’ve developed a Facebook Business page, you can create online dental marketing by utilizing Facebook advertisements and the tools they provide to help ensure your success.
Alternatively, you can also set your Facebook ads for dentists to direct individuals to message your marketing department. Ultimately, it’s a great way to attract potential leads and reach a wider audience.
Another great feature for dental Facebook marketing is relevance. Patients who have searched for dentists may start to see relevant dental Facebook ads for your business in the near future. The sudden appearance of dentist Facebook ads can help undecided patients consider your practice. It gives your practice additional opportunities to gain traction with local patients who have searched for the services your company provides.
Ultimately, however, creating a unique and eye-catching ad is essential to success in dentist Facebook ads. On average, every third to sixth post individuals see on their Facebook page will be an ad. Therefore, creating unique and stand-out ads can be the difference between a successful conversion and an unsuccessful one.
Our team is more than ready to help you create Facebook advertisements through our dental marketing services to bring in new patients and convert otherwise undecided patients. We can help you use Facebook’s metrics to analyze and determine how effective advertisements are, how far they reach and the click-through rate for each advertisement. Ultimately, our team will help ensure your advertisements are successful and show you how to use the Facebook metric tools to gauge your own success.
Yet another service we offer is dentist SEO marketing. Previously, we discussed the importance of SEO, or search engine optimization, and how it benefits your business. However, our company provides best-practices for optimizing your SEO needs.
For instance, we can help determine what phrases are most likely to help your company’s webpage trend toward the top of Google searches. It can be difficult to analyze and configure specific keywords to help your business’s webpage trend. Our team understands what makes keywords effective and are prepared to use them to create high-ranking webpages that can attract hundreds of clients.
Additionally, we can show you how to use your blog and any additional posts you make on your website to continue to trend using SEO best-practices. We may provide ideal keywords for your company to use or analyze and determine what phrases individuals in your area are most likely to search when looking for businesses like yours. Ultimately, we can turn your company’s website into a self-marketing tool that attracts clients who search for the services you provide.
Overall, proper word placement and the strategic use of key phrases throughout your website will help your business flourish. We can help you utilize keywords in existing content and add keywords in new content to improve your overall Google ranking for multiple relevant searches without altering your current content’s authenticity.
Let Us Help You Today
Do you think that your business could use a boost? Are you currently struggling to find clients, even when offering promotions and specials? Marketing your office can be an extremely frustrating process, especially when you’re already working full-time to provide high-quality service to your patients. We encourage you to invest in us as your dental digital marketing company.
New customers are currently eligible for free web-presence audit. During this audit, we will review your current online presence – including your current website, your social media platforms and your Google business page. This audit is totally free of charge, and will help you understand some of the following information:
- How you can improve your business’s rating on Google.
- If you have any information missing from your Google Business platform.
- How successful your Facebook page and other social media presence is in engaging potential new patients.
- How successful current advertising campaigns are, based upon reach and conversion factors.
- Your website’s design and success using SEO, lead generators and other marketing techniques.
Additionally, we understand how frustrating creating a marketing strategy can be. Our team will also provide you with dental practice marketing tips to help you improve your strategy and grow your business. We believe that each professional deserves the tools necessary to be successful marketers. Therefore, we are willing to help provide these tools for you, free of charge.
Once we’ve determined where you can improve your dental digital marketing campaign, we can discuss the next steps in working with you to create an effective, efficient and affordable marketing strategy. Based on your needs, we will negotiate a price for the services you want us to provide moving forward.
At the end of the day, we understand that effective marketing can be difficult to master. However, we’ve dedicated ourselves to learning how to help dentists and other medical professionals create websites, social media accounts and online platforms that do the hard work for them. This way, you won’t have to worry about constantly revising your marketing strategy or reconsidering your website structure. We will take care of the back-end work and allow you and your business to focus on taking care of your patients.
Keep in mind, some of our tips may require your cooperation. For instance, we may suggest running specials, promotions or discounts as part of a lead generation campaign. We understand this isn’t an option for every business, but we strongly recommend it when possible. It gives you the power to get contact information from potential new clients, giving you the power to build that relationship and start that business association.
Additionally, we are always here for questions and concerns. If you feel that a marketing technique isn’t working, we encourage you to let us know. We can evaluate its overall effectiveness and make changes to your strategy as you see fit. Ultimately, what your dental marketing plans look like is up to you. We provide an outline and do the ground-work to create a platform that allows your business to market itself and attract new clients over time. All the same, things change, and we are here for those changes as well – and more importantly, we are willing to help you overcome them.
If you feel like your dental office could benefit from these services, we encourage you to reach out to us today. Our team looks forward to hearing from you and helping you determine what steps you should take to improve your marketing campaign. Each analysis is personal and reflects the current state of your online presence. From there, we can create a comprehensive marketing plan to improve your rankings and widen your reach without breaking the bank.
Most importantly, don’t worry – you’re never alone. Once your company’s marketing campaign is set up, our teammates are here to provide you with support. We will help continue to keep your business ranking high on Google’s first page, ensure your business information stays up to date and help you create website content that attracts potential new clients. As always, you have the last say in everything that is published, so you’re always in control. Reach out to us today to help launch a dental digital marking campaign that totally changes the way you see online marketing moving forward.